Friday, February 1, 2013

Pallet Shelf

Follow Me on Pinterest

Hey there! It's been a while since I've posted but with the holidays and vacations over I can finally post what I've been working on! I made this shelf for our back deck since we had all of our stuff just piled up. The pallets were free from Lowe's so all I had to buy was stain and a 2x4. Its a perfect project to do in one day to heal your boardom!  


What You'll Need:
2 skinny pallets or 1 large one cut in half
2x4
wood stain
1 pound box of screws (you wont use all of them)
Drill


 1. Start off by staining the entire pallet. It's way easier to stain before it is put together. I got too excited and started screwing it together first lol but hey im learning as I go!


2. The pallets we had were a little wide so my lovely boyfriend cut it down for me. I'm still getting comfortable with power tools and was not about to risk cutting my arm off. If it were for inside the house i would have made it thinner but I wanted something wide to put plate's on when we are bbqing. 

3. Decide how tall you want the shelf to be. Then cut 4 pieces the same length from the 2x4. "Measure Twice, Cut Once" isn't just a saying!  I put 2 screws on the inside of the leg and 1 screw going in from the outside. That might be a little over kill but it turned out to be very sturdy.

4. While it is still upside down, place the other pallet on top upside down. Be sure the leg is straight before screwing in through the bottom of the pallet.
5. Touch up any spots you missed with the stain. I dabbed a little over each screw head so they wouldn't be so noticeable. And your done! 
After using it for a while to steady my arm, it was finally moved and used for its intended purpose lol

2 comments: