Saturday, December 29, 2012

DYI Earring Organizer

Follow Me on Pinterest
Hi everyone! This is my most recent project I made for my sister-in-law for Christmas. It cost me under $10 and looks rad. If I would have concentrated on this one project i could have finished it in a few hours but since I like to work on several projects, it took me a while..Hope you like :)

What you will need:
Frame you like ( this one was a clearance mirror from Hobby Lobby.)
Glue gun and glue sticks
Lace or what ever fabric you like
String of beads
Picture hanger

DYI Earring Organizer 


 1. Decide the pattern you want for your lace.


 2. Cut to length and hot glue lace when its stretched tightly. If it is too loosthe weight of your earrings will make the lace sag.


 3. Hot glue your beads around the edge to make it look more complete.


 4. Fill in large gaps between lace with a different colored ribbon. The ribbon doesn't really serve any purpose but it looks cute!


5. Since most frames from Hobby Lobby are made from resin and not wood, you can't nail a picture hanger to the back. The force of the hammer will usually just crack parts of the frame off . Instead, I used pliers to bend the picture hanger in the shape of the frame. Then,I hot glued it on the inner edge with the teeth of the hanger bent down. That way the weight of the frame won't be on the glue but on the frame itself. Also, with the teeth folded down it will still hook on a nail without the worry of it falling off.


 I think this is a great gift because it is so easy to make and who doesn't love handmade presents. I know This girl does!

UPDATE: She Loves It!

No comments:

Post a Comment